Qualifications of a variety of shipping containers were necessary ensure the safe transport. The shipping temperatures of the products ranged from refrigerated to deep frozen to cryogenic. The management team identified experience in passive shipping container IQ/OQ test plans and a learning opportunity to better understand current best practices for cold chain were key goals.
- Conduct a Proof of Concept for a deep frozen shipping container.
- Qualify refrigerated, deep frozen, and cryogenic shipping container.
- Conduct a characterization of dry ice sublimation rates.
- All handling and physical studies completed for the shipping containers met the acceptance criteria.
- Each container’s capability to safely protect product from transportation hazards was verified.
- Sublimation study confirmed orientation of the shipping container will affect internal temperature.