Leidos Biomed approached Modality Solutions for assistance in the assessment and implementation of improvements for facilities with research and lab capability. The ongoing investigations involved the storage and/or transport of investigational drugs, vaccines, and various biological specimens which required controlled climate to ensure product and specimen integrity.
- Ensure facilities had well established cold chain capabilities
- Create emergency storage to prevent the loss of product or samples
- Implement SOPs and a Quality System for each cold chain facility
- All SOPs and risk mitigation strategies implemented in three storage facilities in Liberia
- Qualification of the freezers ensured equipment operates correctly and reduces the risk to drug product
- Three storage facilities with high cold-chain capabilities operating in a unique and challenging environment