Modality Solutions co-founder and VP of Engineering Dan Littlefield traveled to Sierra Leone, West Africa to lead a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the evaluation of local Ebola treatment center facilities and their practices in storing temperature-sensitive products and to evaluate and address cold chain management deficiencies. We ensured that four facilities met the FDA and other international regulations regarding best practices associated with storage, distribution, monitoring & controls, and documentation.
- Assess all sites, perform gap analyses provide site assessment reports
- Evaluate existing cold chain with qualification of refrigerators and freezers
- Training of local staff with SOPs and training materials (in French)
- During Modality Solutions 8-month onsite timeframe, none of the facilities lost any vaccine to a temperature excursion
- Completed assessments and provided recommendations to meet regulatory and industry standards in challenging DRC environment
- Four large Ebola treatment sites are compliant with prevailing industry standards, and patient safety will increase due to the efficient vaccines