Written by Modality Solutions
Posted on: November 5, 2020
“As the global biopharmaceutical industry assesses the long-term impact the COVID-19 virus has on the cold chain for their life-saving products,” said President Gary Hutchinson. “We are committed to helping the industry to reimagine the biopharmaceutical cold chain logistics network and explore shared-use strategies and revise the current industry approach. We need to evaluate the risk in the overreliance on a current general B2C delivery network and implement industry-wide reforms.”
Modality Solutions was a sponsor and session panelist at the Bio Supply Management Alliance (BSMA) October 22-23, 2020 virtual conference.
The panel discussion topic “Reimagination of the Decimated Transportation Network After the COVID-19 Pandemic Attack” featured a diverse group of industry leaders, including President Gary Hutchinson. Moderator, Joel Glende, BSMA Executive Vice President Manufacturing & Academia Member Engagement led a lively discussion between the five panelists.
The building block themes of the life sciences supply chain conference were:
- Ensuring supply of materials APIs and services from global suppliers
- Building the NextGen supply chain for life sciences – the Ilumina Journey
- Preparedness for the distribution of emerging vaccines for COVID-19
- Transportation network readiness for COVID-19 vaccines
- Digital transformation of life sciences for resilience and agility
- Virtual audits of drug manufacturers and their global suppliers
BSMA is known for its driving innovation in the life sciences supply chain, it brought together experts in the global healthcare industry for this valuable conference.